Welcome Tot Crusaders!
Parents looking for a Preschool Program for thier little ones have discovered Holy Cross Catholic School, Batavia, IL, offers literacy, math, science, creativity and religion under the careful, caring leadership of our Preschool Director, Patty Mullins.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR PARENT & ME CLASS!
Moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas … you’ll love the one-on-one connection you’ll make with your toddler when you register for Holy Cross Catholic School’s new 2-year old Parent and Me class for the 2016-17 school year.
This class will meet each Wednesday morning from 9:00 am to 10:00 am with Mrs. Witte as the teacher. Each student will attend class with a parent, grandparent or caretaker.
Mrs. Theresa Witte has a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education at the University of Wisconsin – Stout. HCCS has been blessed to have Mrs. Witte with us for 11 years and teaching kindergarten for 5 of those years. In fact, Theresa has been a part of the Holy Cross preschool program since before our K-8 school opened in 2008!
Cost: $400 (September through May)
Register by contacting the School Office. Class size will be limited so register soon!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR PRE-K 3 YEAR OLD PROGRAMS
It’s never too soon to introduce your preschooler to academic excellence, emphasis on Catholic values, healthy social relationships and a supportive environment. Holy Cross Catholic School in Batavia, IL, is pleased to open registration for its 2016-17 preschool program serving 3 year olds and 4 year olds. Our robust program offers a variety of options for parents and their 3 and 4 year olds. To learn more or tour our school, please contact us.
Please note, some classes may already be FULL. Please call the HCCS office asap to inquire about the class that works best for your child. Three and four year old students are to be toilet trained by the first day of school.
THREE YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL (K3)
- Morning Class – 2 days a week
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:40-11:30 a.m.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR PRE-K 4 YEAR OLD PROGRAMS
As parents and teachers, we know the early years of childhood are so important in forming a foundation for later development and learning. It is the important introduction to academics in a classroom setting, along with a safe place where they can learn social skills, express their creativity, problem solve and develop emotionally and physically while strengething their own self-image.
At HCCS, our Preschool Program attends to these important areas while providing faith-based learning that celebrates our love for God. Three and four year old students are to be toilet trained by the first day of school.
FOUR YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL (K4)
- Morning class – 3 days a week
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8:40-11:30 a.m.
- Morning Class – 5 days a week
- Monday through Friday from 8:40-11:30 a.m.
- Monday – Friday – 5 days a week from 8:40 a.m.-2:50 p.m.
Oh what fun preschool can be! Here’s a look at what your preschooler can look forward to each day he or she attends HCCS!
- Prayers We Teach and Say Throughout the Year
- Singing and Lessons About God
- Saint Projects
- Saint Vincent DePaul and Other Service Projects
- Special Feast Days
- Angel and Archangel Projects
- Priest Visits
- Church Visits
- Writing to Jesus
- Blessing Of Children’s Throats
- Eater Stories
- Discussions About Noah’s Arc
- May Crowning Ceremony
- Celebrating Jesus Ascension
- Making Advent Wreaths
- Bringing in Baptismal Items
- Christmas Celebrations
- Language Arts Activities
- Flannel Board
- Sequencing Stories
- Auditory Discrimination
- Labeling Pictures and Objects
- Listening Center
- Finger Plays
- Singing, Dancing and Drama
- Simple Addition and Subtraction
- More or Less
- Magnifying Glasses
- Asking Questions
- Sensory Table
- Child-directed Activities
- Prop Boxes
- Easel Art
- Scissors Work
- Materials: Water, Shaving Cream, Sand
- Sensory Table
- Art Projects
- Thanksgiving Feast for all preschoolers and their families
- Christmas Breakfast and birthday party for Jesus for all preschoolers and their families
- Valentines Party for 3 and 4 year olds
- Mother’s Day Tea for 3 and 4 year olds
- Dad’s Night for 3 and 4 year olds
- End of the year picnic for all preschoolers
- Graduation ceremony for four year olds
- Field trips throughout the year
Contact us today to take a tour or register your preschooler.